Yes I am a stay at home Mom, no I don’t always have time to make elaborate meals! Some days I look at the clock, and panic because I only have thirty minutes to put together something! While dealing with a toddler and a one year old.
I’ve started to create a collection of my favourite, quick meals that the whole family loves! One of my favourites is this Vegetarian Pasta Dish!
What gives this dish its amazing flavour is the pesto! Basil pesto, is oh so delicious! Don’t feel like you have to make yours from scratch (I don’t!). I buy store made Pesto to save me time in the kitchen! My go to is Sardos Basil Pesto!
And yes, I did say earlier it was Vegetarian! But don’t worry there is still protein. A can of chickpeas gives you the protein and other nutrients your body needs. Sauté them with onion, your favourite vegetables. Toss with your noodles of choice. Add some pesto and BAM! Done!
This recipe is versatile. You can add whatever vegetables you want or have left in your fridge! My go to is broccoli, and I added Brussels sprouts that night because they needed to be cooked. Or it was going to be a waste of money. What thing I hate the most is wasting food!
You can whip this meal in twenty minutes, and trust me. Everyone will be telling you how much they love it!
My Favourite Pasta Dish
Prep: 10 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- Four servings of noodles of choice (I chose Catelli Super Greens)
- Two vegetables of choice (My go-to, broccoli and Brussels sprouts)
- One can Chickpeas
- Three cups of spinach
- Three tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- One medium size onion
- Half a cup of pesto, I use Sardos Basil Pesto
- Boil water, and place noodles in once boiled.
- Sauté onion, EVOO, vegetables and chickpeas for ten minutes.
- Add spinach, cook on medium till wilted.
- Toss noodles and pesto with vegetables. Top with Pepper.
So easy! You will be making this all the time! Hope you enjoy! Please be sure to tag me @jaclyn.yvonne, in your creations! I would love to see them!