These super easy to make snacks will become a staple in your house. Packed with protein, they will also keep you going all day! Now you’ll see the title of this recipe is vague. Just nut butter and that’s because this recipe is so versatile you can use whichever nut butter you like! And you read it right, no name! These bars set up with a few hours in the fridge.
Now my kids love these bars made with peanut butter, almond butter is my favourite! Or I will use WowButter if I want to send these into school. The measurement stays the same whichever nut butter you pick.
Almond flour though is a must in this recipe I would only substitute it with coconut flour. Other than that, don’t change it. Almond flour is great though because it has many nutrient benefits like fibre, protein, iron, magnesium and so many more. It also is what gives these bars a nice soft texture.
To give this treat a nice sweet taste is the use of maple syrup. Honey will also do, but maple syrup has a nice caramel note to it. Really making these bars extra tasty. Do not substitute with white or brown sugar. You need the liquid, either maple syrup or honey to help mix in the almond flour.
And chocolate chips are not a must, but definitely add an extra little sweetness to these bars. To keep my recipe vegan I use plant-based chocolate chips from the store.
Ok I think I covered everything! Let’s get baking!
No Bake Nut Butter Bars
Prep Time: 4.5 hours
- 1 cup nut butter of choice
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of chocolate chips
- Grab a square or rectangular baking dish. Line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix nut butter, maple syrup and salt till throughly combined.
- Mix in almond flour till the flour has all been absorbed.
- Add into the baking dish, press down to make it even and smooth.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and gently press them down into the mixture.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours to set.
- Cut into desire sizes and enjoy!
Thanks for reading and be sure to tag @thejaclynyvonne in your creations!